In today’s post, we will look at How to Create Area Table from Hatch in AutoCAD. Similar to our previous post on How to Create Automatic Area Label (4 Step Solution!), we will again look at Automatic ways to display the area of objects. This time, however, we will create a Table that displays the areas of different Hatch Objects separated by layer and color.
For better understanding, we will use an example containing 3 shapes with different areas hatched using different layers.
We already know how to easily get the Total Length, Area, and Volume of Multiple Objects instead of this to get the separate area we shall go through several steps:
- Type in the command line DATAEXTRACTION.
- A window will pop out, select Create a new data extraction and click Next.
- AutoCAD will ask you to specify destination of the new data extraction, then on the second screen, mark Select objects in the current drawing and click on the Select button. After selecting the hatches, click Next.
- On the next page, you can see the objects selected, in the example you can see i’ve selected the hatches together with a Polyline and Circle. I would unmark the polyline and the circle as they are not needed at the moment and hit Next.
- On the 4th page we have to select the necessary data we will extract. In order to create a Area table from Hatches, select General and Geometry filters and then select Area, Color and Layer Properties, then hit Next.
- Next page we can reorder, sort columns, add formula columns etc. In the example we have excluded the column count and name, you can edit the table as you see fit. After that click Next.
- Page 6 contains the output options, we select the desired output and hit again Next.
- On the 7th page, you can select the table style from an existing one or create a new one. Here, you can also structure the area by adding table Title and revising the cell styles. When you are ready with the style hit Next.
- The last page gives us instructions on inserting the table to the drawing and the creation of external files after finishing the extraction, here just click on Finish.
- The final step is to place the newly created Hatch Area Table somewhere on the Screen!
This is the Fastest and Easiest way to create an Area table for your Hatch objects or in fact every object without the need for any additional software.
If you found this information useful. Don’t forget to check our other AutoCAD Tips for more great Tips and Tricks just like this one!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?