AutoCAD drawings consist of numerous Symbols, Lines, Dimensions, etc. Each object carries with
Creating an individual Legend for every other drawing is crucial, but can be very time consuming, and often times we might miss a symbol or two. To accelerate the process and eliminate the chance of making a mistake, we will learn How to Create an Automatic Layer Legend in AutoCAD!
Automatic Layer Legend in AutoCAD
Before we start creating our own Layer Legends we must make sure that our drawing is created using our own Template with different Layers. When this is taken care of we can proceed with the layer Legend. To help us achieve the needed results we will use the help of a Lisp created by @Stefan M, many kudos to him! (Accelerate Your Work with AutoLISP! (Only 3 Easy Steps!))
Follow the steps below:
- Download the Lisp from here.
- Load the AutoLISP into AutoCAD.
- Type on the command line “LEGEND”
- AutoCAD will prompt to Select Objects, remember only the selected objects’ layers will be included in the Automatic Layer Legend. There is no need to Delete Layers prior.
- After selecting the objects, hit Enter and pick an insertion point for your newly created Legend!
It couldn’t be easy Right? The routine creates a beautiful Legend that includes a line in the corresponding layer with a preset Layer Linetype and a Text containing the Layer Name.
Hope you the advice useful!
Don’t forget to check out our other AutoCAD Tips and Share the post with your Colleagues!